1. The Excellent Professional exhibits an intrinsic knowledge of the difference between right and wrong, shows the courage to act upon that knowledge, and embodies the following ethical characteristics:
- Respect for self, others, and the environment
The Excellent Professional strengthens our Montessori program and practice by:
- Revisiting Montessori pedagogy and literature.
- Seeking out, and taking advantage of, continuing education opportunities, e.g. conferences, workshops, etc.
- Engaging in regular reflections and self-assessment of one’s own evolving practice.
- Observing colleagues and other schools.
- Staying current on non-Montessori educational trends as applicable to our Mission.
3. The Excellent Professional prepares a nurturing and secure environment that meets the physical, intellectual, moral and social needs of children through purposeful work that supports self-construction and independence.
4. The Excellent Professional regularly observes the children in their environment, and utilizes these observations to guide decisions in meeting the individual needs of each child and the needs of their community.
5. The Excellent Professional maintains an ongoing detailed evaluation of each student, making use of formal and informal observations and lesson and work records to help each student reach her/his full potential.
6. The Excellent Professional guides each child toward realizing his/her full social, emotional, and academic potential.
7. The Excellent Professional helps to create and maintain a constructive, supportive and peaceful community of colleagues by:
- Sharing ideas and giving active support.
- Communicating with grace, courtesy and compassionate directness.
- Collaborating to solve challenges with openness, compromise, forgiveness and gratitude.
8. The Excellent Professional establishes and maintains a positive and responsive partnership with parents, characterized by mutual respect, investment, and effective timely communication and collaboration.
“The real preparation for education is the study of one’s self. The training of the teacher is something far more than the learning of ideas. It includes the training of character; it is a preparation of the spirit.”
We’d love to have you Schedule a Free Virtual Tour to experience how we guide children in this remarkable world, encourage active engagement, and support a life-long love of learning.